Find answers to commonly asked questions about Vonco’s waste solutions.

  • What kinds of materials do you accept?

    Click the links below for a full list of accepted materials:

  • Are you open to the public?

    Yes, we are open to the public. We accept construction and demolition debris.

  • How much does it cost to use your landfill?

    You can request a quote through our contact form.

  • What methods of payment do you accept?

    We accept major credit cards or cash. Unfortunately, we cannot accept checks.

  • What is industrial waste?

    Industrial waste is a by-product created by manufacturing or other industrial processes. To dispose of industrial waste with Vonco, you must profile it by submitting a Waste Profile Form for the appropriate location. For more information, contact our team.

  • What is construction/demolition waste?

    Construction and demolition waste (also known as C&D waste) is debris produced from constructing, renovating, repairing, or demolishing buildings, roads, bridges, and other man-made structures. It can include materials like concrete, brick, wood, metal, glass, wallboard, roofing, plumbing fixtures, wiring, and insulation. Click the links below for a full list of accepted materials:

  • What are the different types of landfills?

    There are four different types of landfills:

    • Hazardous Waste Sites: Facilities used specifically for the disposal of hazardous waste. There are no hazardous waste disposal sites in Minnesota.
    • Non-Hazardous Industrial Waste Sites: Designed to collect commercial and institutional waste (i.e. industrial waste), which is often a significant portion of solid waste. Vonco has two Non-Hazardous Industrial Waste Disposal sites.
    • Construction & Demolition Sites: A type of landfill designed exclusively for construction and demolition materials, which consists of the debris generated during the construction, renovation, and demolition of buildings, roads, and bridges. C&D materials often contain bulky, heavy materials, such as concrete, wood, metals, glass, and salvaged building components.
    • Municipal Solid Waste Sites (MSW): Specifically designed to receive household waste, as well as other types of non-hazardous wastes.
  • What’s the difference between industrial waste and municipal solid waste?

    Industrial waste is waste created by industrial processes, for example, items foundry sand, contaminated soil, automotive shredder residue, scrap materials from the manufacturing process, etc. Municipal solid waste is commonly referred to as “household waste” or simply “trash” and it consists of the everyday items we throw away.

  • Do you offer industrial waste pickup services?

    Vonco does not provide industrial waste pickup services.

  • Do you accept mattresses or furniture?

    No, we do not. If you want to know how to dispose of a mattress or piece of furniture, please reach out to your local municipal solid waste landfill or transfer station.

  • Where can I bring my household waste?

    You can find a location to dispose of household waste by searching online for “municipal waste landfill near me.” 

  • Can I drop off my yard waste?

    Our Vonco II location in Becker, MN can accept commercial and residential yard waste. For more information, submit an inquiry to our representatives.

  • What materials do you recycle?

    Vonco waste campuses provide recycling services for commercial collection (no residential at this time) that include recycling of wood chips, topsoil (clean dirt), steel, metal, cardboard, and clean concrete.

  • Do all of your landfill locations offer the same services?

    Both Vonco landfill locations conveniently offer the same services, apart from cardboard recycling and composting — which are only offered at our Vonco II facility in Becker, MN.

  • Are there any materials you do NOT accept? Are there penalties for bringing these materials to your locations?

    For safety reasons, we cannot accept lithium-ion batteries, foam tanks, propane tanks, or liquids. If discovered, customers will be charged $300 per unacceptable item. Click the links below for a full list of accepted materials:

  • Do you accept liquids?

    No, we do not accept liquids.

  • Does Vonco accept hazardous waste?

    No, we cannot accept hazardous waste at any Vonco landfill location. There are currently no hazardous waste landfills located in Minnesota.

  • Are there state/county/city regulations?

    Yes, there are state, county, and city regulations regarding waste disposal and landfills. Vonco complies with all environmental and government regulations.

  • What kinds of materials do you accept?
    • Spent sandblast media
    • Sludges
    • Packaging materials
    • Contaminated soils
    • Non-friable asbestos
    • Friable asbestos
    • Treated lumber
    • Railroad ties
    • Grit and bar screenings
    • Shingles
    • Styrofoam
    • Roofing materials
    • Plaster
    • Gypsum board
    • Wood/Plywood
    • Glass
    • Construction site plastic
    • Empty Caulking tubes
    • Tree stumps
    • Foundry waste
    • Shredder fluff
    • Asphalt
    • Brick
    • Carpet
    • Carpet padding
    • Concrete
    • Ceramic
    • Fiberglass insulation
    • Siding
    • Yard Waste
      • Brush, tree trimmings
  • What do I need to do to dispose of ash and burnt material or a burn structure?

    Before ash can be deposited, there must be a three-week waiting period from the time of the fire for cooling. A TCLP RCRA Metals test is required. Additionally, ash needs to be profiled with the county (Sherburne County for the Vonco II landfill located in Becker, MN. or St. Louis County for the Vonco V landfill located in Duluth, MB). All loads need to be wrapped, manifested, and handled as friable asbestos. No Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) can be present in the loads.


Vonco II Waste Campus
Becker, Minnesota
Monday-Friday: 7:00am – 4:30pm
Saturday: 7:00am-12:00pm
Sunday: Closed
Vonco V Waste Campus
Duluth, Minnesota
Monday–Friday: 8:00am–4:00pm
Saturday-Sunday: Closed